Thursday, March 14, 2013

Snow, Snow go away!

I love the texture and color combinations
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum 2012


This never ending snow is getting to a girl that is waiting to play in the yard! I had no idea we would wake up to so much snow this morning. It is going to snow tonight AND Sunday. Uffda!

I don't know what it was about today but everybody I talked to was so tired. I wonder if there is some atmospheric pressure stuff going on or something?

My wonderful husband tended to the chickens for me today and slipped on the ice and thought he broke his wrist-but he is okay. I checked the bees again and they are all buzzing around the pollen patty I put in the hive yesterday. I wanted to give them a bucket of syrup but couldn't get the hive boxes apart. Those bees make some REALLY good propolis to stick stuff together. The first they teach you in bee class is to NEVER go out to the hive without your hive tool...and I did. I will try again tomorrow to get them apart.

Too tired to even sow the seeds tonight. I have the trays and seeds scatter all over the dining room table.

Have you ever been to the  Minnesota Landscape Arboretum? What a great place to check out different planting arrangements, varieties of trees and flowers, and to check out the wildlife. This time of year they have a Miniature Fairy Garden Display indoors. Dad and I went to it last year. They are getting some new people movers this year to help with the 3 mile drive. If you haven't been there you must go!  Here are some pictures to help us pretend it is summer! (They were actually taken in the fall)
A honey bee gathering nectar and pollen
Hibiscus
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum 2011
I like how the orange flowers play off of the green foliage
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment