Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seedlings!

Thyme seeds already sprouting!
It is so amazing that a tiny, little seed will just burst open and from it grows a wonderful, edible plant!
Tomato seedlings!
I sure hope the snow melts one of these days. I think that we were just spoiled last year and this isn't really out of the ordinary. I need to figure out exactly where dad's garden will go. His plants always came up about 2 weeks earlier than mine so I will need to get out in my yard right away and prepare the site. I want dad's plants to have a perfect new garden.

Chickens are still laying eggs like crazy. The cold doesn't seem to be bothering them. I will be happy when I don't need to change the water out twice a day because it freezes. The water heater doesn't work when it gets too cold. I will be adding to the flock the first week of April. It would be nice to add a few ducks to the group. 

I am a little worried about the bees. They were on the top of the hive when I added the pollen patty. I am afraid that with them being on the top like that they won't be able to huddle and keep warm.  I will cross my fingers. I have two packages of bees that will be delivered mid-April. I will need to set up the new hives for them too. So much to do!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment