Thursday, October 17, 2013

Honey, Veggies, Chickens, and Eggs!


I love the feeling of growing and harvesting my own vegetables and other "foodstuff!" 
Here is just a sample of my cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers. The front plate is honeycomb from the bees. The fresh eggs are amazing and we are getting 6 eggs a day. My garden that dad walked  through with me last summer is a peaceful place for me to be. I feel him all around me in my garden. I see the cucumbers and they remind me of the pickles I made for him last summer. I see the chickens and hear him chuckling that Mike built me a chicken coop! 

Veggies, eggs, and honey!


Nothing like fresh eggs!

Our lovable chickens that produce those delicious eggs!

We were busy picking the pumpkins that grew from the seeds from dad's pumpkins and are making a  great fall centerpiece with some of them. 

We are going through an organizational restructure at work and I was pretty sad about it. In fact I woke up early thinking about the changes. I hadn't seen the cardinals in awhile but there he was this morning outside my bedroom patio door chirping away. The cardinal reminds me of my dad so it cheered me up this morning. Look for those signs from love ones that you have lost.  Ironically my daughter Amy sent this poem to me today...was perfect for the morning...

As I sit in heaven
And watch you everyday
I try to let you know with signs
I never went away
I hear you when you're laughing
And watch you as you sleep 
I even place my arms around you
To calm you as you weep
I see you wish the days away
Begging to have me home
So I try to send you signs
So you know you are not alone
Don't feel guilty that you have 
Life that was denied to me
Heaven is truly beautiful
Just you wait and see
So live your life, laugh again
Enjoy yourself, be free
Then I know with every breath you take
You'll be taking one for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment