Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Beautiful October Sunday


Dad's Dahlias

It was a beautiful day today. Sunny and no wind. I was busy getting the garden cleaned up. There was a light frost on the ground this morning-a sign to get the rest of the vegetables picked. We had watermelons, pumpkins, eggplant, cantaloupe, tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, and more!

We didn't  grow the largest pumpkins this year-I think I planted them
too late. But we did get some cute ones and they were still fun 
to pick.  Thanks to my friend, LeeAnn, we have some adorable
Jack Be Little Pumpkins!!
Not the biggest pumpkin!

We had some "new" friends come over to help us work with the horses. Kathy, Sid, and their grandchildren. They put the harnesses on the horses and walked them down the trails in the yard. After a nice walk, we groomed the horses. It was a perfect day for a BBQ and we had some delicious burgers, a great salad, and scrumptious brownies!! If anyone wants to come and work with the horses give me a call. It is important to socialize them to get them ready for their therapy visits!

Yesterday we got all of the footings in place for the garden shed. Mike and I mixed all of the cement and poured the  footings before it started to rain. I am SO excited for the shed. I will be able to keep all of my beekeeping supplies and garden tools close to the garden!

I "met" a lady on line that forwarded me some therapy training information. She has a miniature dwarf named JJ. He needed emergency colic surgery last night. I feel like I have a special connection with Joyce because she named JJ after her Aunt and Uncle that passed away...and you know I named Jimmy after my dad. It may seem silly to name an animal after a loved one but it is crazy the peace that it brings to you and keeps the person nearer to you somehow. So keep little JJ in your prayers.

Off to do algebra homework.....give hugs to those you love and keep them always in your heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment